Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One Step Back =)

When people say you can't escape your past,

I see the goal before me
and turning back now will not solve anything
running away from myself keeps leading me in circles
Avoiding mistakes I remember all too well
Time is the enemy
I know now that fame and fortune are part of who I am
These fractions of my past have already passed me by
Why is it that regrets are the only things on my mind
And dreams I never have anymore
Bad memories cloud my judgement
success or failure is all important
Self reflection avoidable

Thought inevitably, turning back at this point was not avoidable

Self reflection is all important
Success or failure cloud my judgement
Bad memories I never have anymore
And dreams are the only things on my mind
Why is it regrets have already passed me by
These fractions of my past are part of who I am
I know now that fame and fortune is the enemy
Time, I remember all too well
Avoiding mistakes keeps leading me in circles
Running away from myself will not solve anything
And turning back now I see the goal before me.

It is not because you can't escape your past, it is because YOU don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment