Monday, December 21, 2009

SWCC Teens' BBQ Party!

Hey people! Just yesterday I went for this BBQ party organized by my church teen's club =). Wei Wei, Cheng Ching and Nicholas Tan followed me there =D. Thanks to my dad who sent us there haha.

When we got there, we were early and we registered first and passed in our gifts. We really didn't know what to do so we were just lepaking around the place hahaha =P. There were definitely a lot of new faces =). Even fellow schoolmates were there hahaha.

Then, we all went upstairs to the hall and we had an ice-breaker. Each of us had to name an ingredient and then we all split into 5 groups and using the ingredients that each of us named in the group, we had to make a dish out of all the ingredients. Some dishes sounded really good and creative and some sounded disgusting lol. Some were just really simple dishes hahaha. After that, we left for our BBQ dinner! Weee! XD

There was a lot of food there. There was mee hoon, fried rice, sausages, chicken wings, pumpkin soup, sweet potato, satay, some bread sticks, garlic bread and salad! =D. Lol, I tried all the food except the sweet potato as it ran out.. Was very full haha. Of course there were drinks also =D

So, after enjoying our food, we went back upstairs and had some games and sang some Christmas carols =). Then there was a short sketch which was very meaningful. And then there was sharing by someone. It was really touching and made me realise some things. Then we had the gift exchange musical chairs style XP. They played the song and passed the hats around and when the music stopped they had to pick a tiny piece of paper out of it which has a number to get their gift. It was fun =D.

And whoever who bought this gift, I really thank you =). It's really something can I can cherish and keep to remember this party.


This was what I got =)

I really enjoyed the party and was really sad to leave. I wish it would never have ended haha. I've had a lot of fun and I really thank God for the message that was spoken. I felt like it was a wake up call for me. I believe that He has been trying to get that message to me and He finally did.

No comments:

Post a Comment