Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feelings

What is feelings? Is it a word, an action and emotion? In fact, feelings encompass every components mentioned plus experience. When one is detached, the feeling that he/she feels are but numb and lifeless, just like a word.. I feel that the word 'Heartless' is best used here to describe the feeling when a person has become so numb, he/she is said to be "without a heart".

On the other hand, feelings are also what results in actions, for example, a person feels exceptionally pissed or upset, what he/she can do is to simply show it through actions. It may be arguable that a person can hide these actions and curb him/herself but naturally these actions will be converted into facial experssions and then conveyed out through their facial features and body language.

Body language is in fact one of the best ways to detect a person's feeling. This is even more obvious if you are hanging out with someone who is very close to you. People close to you tend to notice all the little bits and pieces of your body language and know when you are acting differently. Moreover, body language tends to be generally passive and unconcious, as such, even when your breathing and actions change, you may not be aware of it..

The 3rd part of feeling consist mainly of emotions and experiences. Everyday experiences are what affects our mood. A friend giving you a present could liven your mood and you will feel happy for the whole of the day but suddenly when you are accused of stealing something, your mood immediately changes. This is how easy a single event that takes place in life can totally change your mood from happy to sad. What's more dampening is the fact that almost all of us are susceptible to mood changes. But this is all normal..

The important part of having these emotions and experiences is to know how to actually relieve them., otherwise they will simply build up stress inside yourself that it invokes a sleeping volcano to erupt.. Should this happen, the consequences are actually less controllable. Living life everyday is not about hiding your emotions to please people or forcing yourself to accept something. I guess by doing so, its like shaking a capped bottle of Coke, when you attempt to open it, everything spills out and you end up with less contents inside.

When feeling upset, simply find someone or something(yes, something, and I mean it) to talk to. No doubt you may feel awkward doing so but actually talking about it helps a 100 times better than bottling all the feelings up. I tried for 2 years to keep everything bottled up inside my brain and live life for others but I soon realised that sometimes, you can never be happy that way. Today, I felt useless to help a person because I couldn't cheer her up and tell her all these..it mattered to me because I did not want the same thing to happen again. Only by learning to speak up about emotions and feelings do they become easier and cleare, just like untying a knot, it gets easier as u sit down calmly and untie it.

Well for all of this, I hope that I would have been of help to whoever has read this blog apart from myself, I don't know if it appears as crap to people reading it but it's just my 2 cents worth.

P.S. I took this from another blog I so happen to come across. I think it's quite true =)

No comments:

Post a Comment