Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Slowly but Surely =)

Well... Just wanna share something over all these years of my life. Haha.

I remember when I was younger.. I was quite a naughty boy... Well aren't all guys like that when they're young? =P... You know.. Mischievious, playful, etc etc... haha.. After I started believing in Christ at the age of 11 (Standard 5).. I slowly became a better person actually... but it's a slow and long process... You see.. God transforms people =).

I do remember I used to be like really shy around girls... Well that's quite common for all guys XP.. Well okay.. let's use something else... I remember I used to hate my looks and I basically hated myself.. I never liked my individual picture taken unless forced to... Most of the time I would take my pictures in groups... So that you know... People won't just look at me... They'll look at the whole picture hahaha. Yea I really didn't like the way I looked.

Not only that, I was also very inactive in my school's co-curriculum and I didn't like involving myself in many things... I didn't have much confidence in myself you see... But what I didn't know was that God was slowly changing me... What he did first was most probably let me know what's right and what's wrong through the Holy Spirit... But that doesn't mean I didn't make the wrong choices... I still did.. But I thought for a moment before doing that something. Also.. I became less mischievious and oh.. I did tell a lot of lies when I was younger too.. so yeah that reduced a lot as well as through the Holy Spirit I knew it was wrong to tell lies.. My parents told me as well of course.. But deep down I myself also knew it was wrong. So yeah my lie count reduced dramatically... haha.. That's one of the changes... but it still took me 1-2 years...

Yea so when I reached Form 3 (15 years old).. I began to open up (not open up as in.. you know.. lol) and yea I became more outgoing, more confident in myself.. I guess God also helped me to build up my confidence over the years. Imagine... 4 years to build up confidence... real long right? Yeah.. I became more active in co-curricular activities and I involved myself in more things than form 1 or 2.. and form 3 was the most certificates I've ever gotten for all the events I joined lol.. And I also began to learn how to love myself... I'm not camera shy anymore... Which is why my facebook... only started having individual pictures when I was Form 3...

By that time I was already a much much better person... I've really been transformed.. and only last year I began to realize this.. It's really amazing really... How much we can change... Well I believe this is what God did in my life... Changing me totally... I'm most of the time joyful because I know whatever happens... God is always there...

This is what I believe.. Yes, many other people also change even if they don't believe in God... But for me.. I believe that God is the one that changed me =). So yeah, just wanna thank God for this. God changes people slowly but surely.

Logging off,
Jason =)

No comments:

Post a Comment